Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The History of this History Site

I fell in love with Family History the first time I received an assignment which required my parents to pull out their genealogy books. There was just something mesmerizing to me about the names and dates found on those pedigree charts and family group sheets. They called out to me, urged me to know them, and thus know myself. Cemeteries were peaceful, sacred places, where I often felt an even stronger connection with those who had gone before. And nothing was better than a good book or story that made history come alive and transported me there.

The older I got, the more I realized just how much the knowledge of my ancestors blessed my life. Of course, as a mother, I want my children to receive the same blessings from knowing their roots. But sadly, they don't have the same natural excitement that I did.

Hence I am on a quest to find ways to help my children get excited about their heritage and history in general. Come join me on the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment